Thursday, March 24, 2011

Thursday week 1




Another visit to TV station that does not have the history of analog
but doing everything digitally.



Fascinating trip to Chiang Kai-shek's memorial park, with a collection of all the statues in Taiwan of his person !

Yesterday I saw the whole TTV. So many impressions, today when I went to another TV-company ETTV I was a bit cooler and more knew what kind of information I wanted to bring home. So I asked if I could take back at one of the anchors. It was no problem and I had the opportunity to join Grace Lians work. She was very patient and took her time to answer all my questions during my visit there. So now I know that the storyboard is much more molded here than in Sweden. I think that can be good sometimes and bad sometimes. The reporters here cover one side of each story in different reports compare to Sweden where one reporter put all sides together in one report. That means every view get more time and I think that is respectful. One thing about Taiwanese TV that shocked me and I don´t like at all is that the anchors can just work on air until they are around 45 years old. That must be waist of so much knowledge. This day gave me a unique insight in Taiwanese news reporting. Also today Japan was of course the big news. The channel had a documentary they prepared to Saturday evening.

After all the information we were starving and went to a restaurant at the top floor at Taipei 101. What a view from the table and from the ladies room. We also had time for a bike tour next to the river bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment