Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Saturday week 3, April 9



Today is the big day ! District Conference for 3500 rotarians. More than 2500 gather for a party during two days and some important messages from leading Rotarians in the district. This was a totally unexpected experience comparing to how a DC is performed in Sweden.
It was also the opportunity for The VTT team to speak to 2500 people about life in Sweden and send our greetings from district 2360 to Taiwan 3500. We got much credit over the coming days for our performance.


We also had the offortunity to meet with the VTT team of Taiwan 3500. Wonderful girls that was full of expectations for going to Sweden but also nervous. We assured them there was nothing to be afraid of except wolfs and polar bears !!

The evening ended with a marvelous performance of all spouses and Rotarian dond different shows that was second to none compared to professional artists. We had a wonderful time that will last in our hearts and memories for the rest of our lives !

I have never had a speech in front of so many people. Nervous, but it went well and now I´m very glad to have this experience. I think it will be useful to have it in the future. To know, yes I can do it. If I managed it in Taiwan I will manage it now. Just breath and start.

The VTT theme of Taiwan had lots of question. I didn't know so much about Taiwan before I came so I understand them so well. I feel that Taiwan is already as a second home because I have seen so many things here. I am sure they will feel the same when visiting Sweden. That is very good bridge building I think!



No comments:

Post a Comment